Stuff about me and my dogs, my hubs and from time to time a rant.

Friday, September 23, 2016

Friday, Friday, Friday

It's been a really good week. I finished a pair of socks, and a hat. I got to visit with my one remaining Aunt and several cousins. I got work caught up and am looking forward to the weekend. The weather is starting to change and for me that is a good thing. The heat and humidity is just too much. So it is about 10 degrees cooler and not as sticky as it has been. And for some strange reason I want to knit bit old thick socks. It could be that I just made a size 10 sock and have 2 pair size 10 and and 11 to so and I want to knit little socks....my size socks in bright colors. These men only wear black, gray or blue. So it came to mind that I can make their dark, dreary colored sock in big old worsted weight and get them done in a few days or can make them on tiny needles and drag them around from now to Christmas, like Marley drug his chains. I have three Big Beanie Bags from Jimmy Beans wool that have cute project in them. These bags are the bomb. They have enough sample yarn for each project, a notion and a sample of Soak in a really cute Project Bag. I really want to do these before Christmas, for gifts. There is a cowl, a shawlette and a pair of fingerless mitts. And I am due to get another soon. They are a great way to sample yarn. I get a mystery bag so my colors can be anything, but when you sign up you can ask for hot or cool colors. There is a group on Ravelry called Jimmy Beans Wool. Come on over and see what is in the bags. And no I don't work for them. Have a spectacular weekend!

No comments: