Stuff about me and my dogs, my hubs and from time to time a rant.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

I want to knit a sweater

 My life revolves around things that are instant. I was talking to a cousin who learned to cook from her mom and our grandmother and was telling her about my quest to learn to make biscuits.
I called my mother and asked her to tell me her recipe as she made wonderful melt in your mouth biscuits. And she did ... two handfulls of flour.
Wait mama...how many cups is two handfulls.
I don't know dear, I never thought to measure it.
But mama your hands are bigger than mine.
I don't know what to tell  you...
And for years I made biscuits with two handsfull of flour. And sometimes they were mama's biscuits, light, flakey, wonderful, melt-in-your-mouth biscuits. And sometimes they were hocky pucks. And I never knew which I was going to get.
So I asked my cousin, what do I need to do.
She tells me use Bisquick, and buttermilk.
And on that note. I want to knit a sweater, but without Bisquick. I have made sweaters before and they came out either beautiful or not. Fit sometimes - sometimes not so much.
So I am planning a sweater...but I may end up with hockey pucks.

No comments: