Stuff about me and my dogs, my hubs and from time to time a rant.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Tomorrow is my birthday, I am 39....again. I have children, grandchildren and one and a half great grandchildren. I am from Georgia and my mother was from Alabama. She was 39 as long as I can remember and I am carrying on that proud Southern Tradition.
Today I am taking the day off from adulthood. I am watching kids movies, like Finding Nemo and Cars, Toy Story and Shark Tails, and maybe even Chicken Run.
I am not cooking, I am not a grown up today. I am praying for rain so I can go out barefoot and play in it. I am going to color, and I am going to take a nap after snack time.
Happy Pre Birthday to me.
I am also going to knit and crochet. Those things remind me of my childhood. I am making a mostly pink granny blanket for my grand daughter, Edy. Who loves pink, so it is mostly Pink.
I am also making a pair of Socks in a pattern called "Monkey by Cookie A". These gave me some problems to begin with because I seem to be too simple to count my cast on stitches, or to check to see if I had dropped any, or if I was counting rows on the pattern. But third time is a charm.
And If I have learned anything in my lifetime of knitting it was that sometimes the best stuff I knitted was the hardest to start. I am a bit scared of this pattern, but the Harlot tells me on her book,"Knitting Rules" that there is no yarn police, and she also tells either there or on her blog of ripping back this beautiful knit shawl several times...so I have learned to rip and restart.
While I will admit to throwing the yarn, pattern and needles across the room, where my dogs were thinking we were playing a really loud game of fetch...ever seen a shiz tzu with a double pointed needle in his mouth? And not doing this all in an evening, but marching off to the other room mumbling about the knitting gods who were rolling on their clouds laughing at me...but I did get it together and I am now on the first sock, the second repeat of the pattern. WOW.

No comments: